These are the recipies for this years Show (2021). They are Classes 70 and Classes 73
Yorkshire Parkin – Class 70
350g Medium Oatmeal
175g Plain Flour
1 tbsp Caster Sugar
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
100g Baking Spread
450g Black Treacle
5 tbsp Milk
1/2 tsp Bicarb of Soda
2 x Pans
- Preheat the oven to 190c/fan 170c/Gas 5. Grease the traybake tin and line with parchment paper.
- Measure the oatmeal, flour, sugar and ginger into a large bowl.
- Put the balck treacle into a pan and heat gently until melted and well incorporated.
- War the milk in a separate pan and stir in the bicarb of soda until dissolved.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients. Mix well until thoroughly blended.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for about 40 minutes or until it starts to shrink away from the tin. A skewer should come out clean when baked.
- Turn out and leave to cool.
- Once completely cool cut into squares
Sultana Flapjack – Class 73 (Men Only Class)
175g Unsalted Butter plus extra for greasing
200g Rolled Oats
125g Demerara Sugar
50g Golden Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180c/fan 160c/Gas 4. Grease and line the tray with parchment paper
- Measure the butter, sugar and syrup into a small pan and heat gently over a low heat until the butter has melted and it’s all incorporated
- Remove from the heat and stir in the oats and sultanas, mix well.
- Tip the mixture out into the tray and press flat
- Bake in the preheated over for 30-35 minutes or until pale golden brown
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Lift out and slice into squares